MSDS/Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) are now called Safety Data Sheets or SDS according to the Federal Hazard Communication Standard.
To learn more about the name change and the Federal Hazard Communication Standard (29CFR1910.1200) visit the OSHA website.
Federal law requires U.S. employers have Safety Data Sheets, or SDS, in the workplace for the specific chemicals they use. The purpose of an SDS is to provide employees and emergency workers with detailed safety information and proper handling instructions.
Two Ways to Find an SDS/MSDS:
You will need the product name or HD Supply part number (found on your invoice or packing list).
To find and print an SDS:
- Connect to HD Supply's SDS website
- Find an SDS/MSDS on the product's detail page:
- Search the name or HD Supply part number (found on your invoice) to find the product detail page.
- Click Additional Information tab to find the SDS/MSDS.
- Only for current catalog items. For obsolete or special order products use HD Supply's MSDS website.
Note: Not all products have an SDS. For help finding an SDS email HD Supply
Read more on how to print SDS/MSDS
SDS are Adobe Acrobat PDF files. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader software to view and print.
If needed, download a free version of Adobe.